Escape (n): A form of temporary distraction from reality or routine.
Is the festive frenzy feeling too much? We know what you need! With some amazing cycling adventures guaranteed for the start of 2017, you’re just a stone’s throw away from an epic two-wheeled experience in an extraordinary corner of the world. Take a look at what we have departing for your chance to escape for fun on the bikes…
1. Trip: Lake Distict, Chile & Argentina
We say: A Skedaddle classic…for a very good reason! The scenery you’ll explore is mind-blowingly beautiful and our journey departing mid-January is the perfect way to start your year on a high.
2. Trip: Mountains and Coast, Vietnam
We say: For a varied adventure, Vietnam has it all. Vibrant local culture, heavenly coastline and history to boot, this city-to-city tour is packed full of sights and gives a great all-round insight into this destination.
3. Trip: Cuban Revolutions, Cuba
We say: With spaces selling like hotcakes, you’ll have to be quick if you want to join our two-week journey in this emerging destination! This two-week trip is a great chance to explore some of the island’s lesser-known natural features.
4. Trip: Classic Kerala, India
We say: Let the lush and tropical India you’ve imaged come to life in Kerala. This magical destination sees you cycling alongside hilltop tea plantations, relaxing on a rice boat on the famous backwaters and will help you feel a million miles away from the cold!
A two-wheeled adventure in South East Asia is guaranteed to immerse you in a culture wonderfully far removed from the Western World. With two NEW cycling tours added to our range in 2017, we thought we’d take a closer look at some of the encounters you can experience in this amazing adventure destination…
- Best for: Soaking up a splendid temple sunset at Bagan | Trip: Bagan & Beyond, Burma *NEW* | What to expect: Tried and tested by our very own head honcho himself, this is a country packed full of impressive historical gems, that cannot fail to stir the imagination and keep those legs pedalling for more.
- Best for: Soothing aching muscles in the magical Khuang Si Waterfall | Trip: Hidden Treasures of Laos *NEW* | What to expect:Laos may be landlocked, but what it lacks in coastline, it more than makes up for in impressive inland scenery. Prepare to be amazed by the out-of-this-world karst hills you’ll enjoy as your biking backdrop.
- Best for: A wide-ranging journey taking in fascinating cities, dramatic mountains and sparkling coastlines | Trip: Mountains & Coast, Vietnam | What to expect: Variety is the spice of life and this holiday really has it all. In between soaking up the atmosphere of the captivating cities, you’ll take to back roads for a window into the world of Vietnam’s countryside.
Why not try something in the Far East?
Discover rural China in 2017 and join us on our Guilin & Guangxi holiday. A Skedaddle classic you do not want to miss!
Forget the bleak mid-winter and escape the cold on one of our popular exotic adventures! All of our early season cycling getaways featured below are guaranteed departures and filling up fast, so don’t be shy now…
- Best for: The chance to cycle pre-historic looking landscapes.
Trip: The Lake District, Chile & Argentina.
You say: ‘The Chilean/Argentinian Lake District has one of the most beautiful, diverse and unspoilt sceneries in the world’ Dagmar, Devon.
- Best for: Close-up encounters with extraordinary jungle wildlife.
Trip: Volcanes y Playas, Costa Rica.
You say: ‘The only disturbance to the early morning calm was the thud of an iguana falling out of a tree’ Mike, Warwickshire.
- Best for: Vibrant culture & world-renowned food.
Trip: Mountains & Coast, Vietnam.
You say: ‘This was a magical journey and the routes were well planned’ Karen, London.
- Best for: A completely unique insight into Caribbean way of life.
Trip: Cuban Revolutions, Cuba.
You say: ‘A great trip which goes all over the island. It was interesting to see places off the beaten track.’ Frank, Portsmouth.