Make the most of the seasons this year! Don’t miss our recommended guaranteed departures in Europe, where there is a stupendous season for every cyclist to enjoy…
Best for: Spring
We say: Riding alongside blooming wildflowers will be a common occurrence across Europe. Expect warm and pleasant conditions, but pack your mack, just incase.
Trip Recommendations: Ruta de la Plata (MTB), Corsica Southern Secrets (Road) & Alnmouth (Leisure)
Best for: Summer
We say: The most popular season for a cycle ride has plenty to offer those eager to get away. A great time to experience lashings of vitamin D, as well as refreshing post-ride dips to cool off.
Trip Recommendations: La Via Claudia (Leisure), Lake District Bike Skills (Family) & Ruta del Vino (Road)
Seasonal cycling in: Autumn
We say: Who said the cycling fun was over? Escape the summer crowds and experience late season sun on your bike when you choose to travel later in the year.
Trip Recommendations: Italy Grand Traverse (Road), Portugal Roman Trails (MTB) & Granada to Seville (Leisure)
Not fussed about when you travel? Be sure to check out our full range of up-to-date guaranteed departures this year, or choose by your perferred type of riding:
Leisure Cycling | Road Cycling | Mountain Biking | Family Cycling | Cycling Adventures
Summer is the perfect time for a family cycle, but don’t take our word for it! Here are our top 5 family trips which have been tried, tested and loved by Skedaddlers:
1. Where: Northern Spain | Trip: Asturian Coastal Ride | You say: ‘Beautiful coastline, friendly hotels and lots of safe cycling tracks. Each cycle was interesting and accompanied by great beaches!’ Judith, West Lothian, Scotland
2. Where: Austria | Trip: Tyrolean Valleys | You say:‘We enjoyed every day of cycling and it was a real sense of achievement cycling to Innsbruck. The girls also loved the swimming pool and the play room.’ Steven, Perth, Australia
3. Where: Germany, Austria and Switzerland | Trip: Lake Constance | You say: ‘This was a great family holiday, the children both really enjoyed themselves, especially the swimming in the lake! The hotel in Lindau was amazing too.’ Becky, Bristol, UK
4. Where: UK | Trip: Hadrian’s Cycleway | You say:‘We had amazing weather and enjoyed each day cycling along beautiful scenery. Our tour leader was so friendly, enthusiastic and helpful.’ Emilie, New Jersey, UK
5. Where: France | Trip: Puisaye Paradise | You say: ‘This provided the perfect mix of activities for us – the Chateau Guedelon was excellent and rope course was also excellent for all ages too.’ Sarah Wilson, West Yorkshire, UK
The mighty peaks of Europe have been off limits for a good few months now, but finally their thrilling trails are beginning to emerge from the snow for another season of biking fun. Keen to set your own sights high? Take a look at our round up of trips in the mountains this summer.
1. Trip: Dolomites of Brenta, Italy
What to expect: Get your fill of Alpine scenery on our rewarding place-to-place journey. Packed full of daily ascents (and plenty of whooping descents!) there are trails to suit all levels of riders, all with picture postcard views en route.
2. Trip: Picos de Europa, Spain
What to expect: Dramatic gorges await in Spain’s best-kept secret: the Picos. This stunning unspoilt mountain range is bursting with singeltrack fun and lots of remote wilderness riding will keep those tryes tested – an unmissable biking experience!
3. Trip: Highlands Coast to Coast, UK
What to expect: Dive into the heart of the Scottish Highlands, for a superb route that promises to reward. Our UK-based tour is always a popular hit with Skedaddlers with some stating ‘it’s the best organised trip they’ve ever been on’…high praise indeed!