Fun and uninterrupted cycling awaits on our top 3 cycle routes in Europe this summer! Ideally suited for families, these tours feature great lengths of traffic-free cycling and are a wonderful way to get the whole family feeling confident exploring on two wheels:
1. Trip: Tyrolean Valleys, Austria | What to expect? Set within the idyllic Zillertal Austrian valley, our tour of the Tyrol makes the most of the great cycle paths in the region. Your 4 star spa hotel only enhances the holiday’s appeal, a great base for a gentle introduction to the world of family cycling.
2. Trip: Volcanoes to the Ocean, Spain | What to expect? Our new holiday in Northern Spain makes good use of the old disused railway tracks that have been repurposed, especially for cycling! This varied route will keep you smiling as you explore the picturesque valleys and spectacular coast of Catalonia.
3. Trip: Gentle Via Claudia, Italy | What to expect? Based in the Italian region of Trentino, this is an area renowned for its cycle paths…and spectacular mountain views. Alongside fantastic state of the art infrastructure, highlights include lovely riverside routes and the famous submerged Resia church!
Spectacular scenery on your cycling holiday is an essential ingredient and can do wonders to help you conquer those miles! With epic vistas in mind, here are our trip picks this year featuring the most scenic road cycling routes in Europe:
1. Destination: Provence, France | Trip: Le Ventoux a Velo | What you can expect? Few destinations can boast they have their very own answer to the Grand Canyon, but Provence’s Gorge du Verdon comes very close. If that wasn’t enough you’ll encounter one of the Tour de France’s most iconic peaks, as well as dramatic rocky archways and turquoise rivers, plenty of sights to wow en route!
2. Destination: Corsica, France | Trips: The Beautiful Isle & Southern Secrets | What can you expect? Diverse road cycling doesn’t get much better than on the mountainous Mediterranean island of Corsica, a destination where nature impresses around every bend. From sparkling coast to rugged, rocky inland you’ll enjoy some of the best of the Med here.
3. Destination: Sardinia, Italy | Trip: Coastal Explorer | What can you expect? It’s no surprise that this year’s Giro D’Italia has decided to kick their 100th edition off on this incredible Italian island! For turquoise waters that rival those in the Caribbean it’s time to join us for a road trip around spectacular Sardinia, where jaw-dropping coastal views provide an inspiring backdrop as you navigate your way by bike.