Fun and uninterrupted cycling awaits on our top 3 cycle routes in Europe this summer! Ideally suited for families, these tours feature great lengths of traffic-free cycling and are a wonderful way to get the whole family feeling confident exploring on two wheels:
1. Trip: Tyrolean Valleys, Austria | What to expect? Set within the idyllic Zillertal Austrian valley, our tour of the Tyrol makes the most of the great cycle paths in the region. Your 4 star spa hotel only enhances the holiday’s appeal, a great base for a gentle introduction to the world of family cycling.
2. Trip: Volcanoes to the Ocean, Spain | What to expect? Our new holiday in Northern Spain makes good use of the old disused railway tracks that have been repurposed, especially for cycling! This varied route will keep you smiling as you explore the picturesque valleys and spectacular coast of Catalonia.
3. Trip: Gentle Via Claudia, Italy | What to expect? Based in the Italian region of Trentino, this is an area renowned for its cycle paths…and spectacular mountain views. Alongside fantastic state of the art infrastructure, highlights include lovely riverside routes and the famous submerged Resia church!
Big rewards await those keen to ride the mountains…
For those Roadies who are eager to set their sights high this year, here is our low-down on some of our favourite European Mountain Challenge holidays:
Best for: A great introduction to the world of mountain climbing
Recommended Trip: Classic Alpine Passes Intro, France
You say: ‘Each day provides a challenge going up and down. I felt I learned a lot on ascending and particularly descending from the help received by the 3 Skedaddle guides.’ Pamela, Newcastle
Best for: Conquering mountain stage highlights of the Giro d’Italia
Trip: Italian Dolomites, Italy
We say: ‘The Dolomites showcase some of the most thrilling riding you’ll encounter and without a doubt provide legendary climbs with equally magnificent views.’Naomi, Italian Head Honcho.
Best for: Ticking off legendary Tour de France challenges daily
Trip: Raid Alpine, France
You say: ‘This trip was way above my expectations. The route was spectacular, the guides were professional and the logistics were handled impeccably. The choice of accommodation was excellent each night.’ Peter, Glasgow
Best for: Taking on one of the most demanding climbs in professional road cycling.
Trip: Vuelta Classics, Spain
We say: ‘As far as climbs go, the Angrilu is up there as one of the more memorable! This is a journey packed full of dramatic experiences and sees you exploring three of Spain’s most beautiful National parks’ Dan, Spanish Head Honcho.
For the keen mountain biker, a biking holiday should be packed full of a variety of great trails, epic scenery and fascinating culture and our cross-country journeys promise just that! Not quite sure what you can expect? We take a closer look at our 2-week Spanish journey, the Ruta de la Plata, to find out more:
The journey highs…
- Conquering 1,000km by bike
- Soaking up the cultural cities of Seville & Santiago de Compostela
- Technical climbs and thrilling descents in the North
- Traversing the wild and remote province of Extremadura
Our expert says…
‘The route is without doubt challenging, averaging 70km a day. Each day is inherently different with a great mixture of trails. From endless valleys and wild single track, to technical climbs in the Galician mountains and ancient Roman trails. This is an amazing trip not to be missed!’ Dan (Spanish Guide)
It was an excellent adventure! Steve, Al, and Sabine, our guides, were great company and provided an excellent service from start to finish. Sabine’s lunches were particularly good!’ Samantha (Skedaddle Customer)
Up for the challenge?
For more information about our Spanish odyssey, the Ruta de la Plata, click here. For those interested in a cross-country journey, but don’t quite fancy tackling 1000km, be sure to take a look at our full range by clicking here.