Pedal through Peru’s jagged mountain ranges and lush jungles, stopping on your way to get to know the diverse and rural communities. Truly, this vast, colourful country, with some of the most treasured historical sites on the planet, is best experienced at the speed of the bike…
Rare Beauty In Every Direction: Andes, Amazon and Machu Picchu
Duration: 16 days | Trips from May to October | Grade: 3
If you’re looking for captivating culture, scenery and wildlife, this is the adventure for you. Whilst not technically challenging, our rides take you through dramatic landscapes on one of the most exciting cycling itineraries in South America. All this is capped off by hiking the revered Inca trail to Machu Picchu!
Dream Mountain Biking: Andean Journey
Duration: 13 days | Trips in May and October | Grade: 3-4
Challenge yourself and be rewarded around every turn. You’ll ride from the shores of Lake Titicaca to the Sacred Valley of the Incas and end with time at Machu Picchu. Remote roads and trails, mountain passes and camping in wilderness locations. You in?!
Family Adventures: Andean Adventurer
Duration: 10 days | Trips in July and August | Grade: 2-3
Family biking with fun and relaxation at its heart. Our trails, designed for active families of all ages, will see you cycle beside the Maras Salt Pans and through the Sacred Valley, before visiting Machu Pichu. Don’t forget the souvenir hunting at the local markets, too.
Too much amazingness to mention here
Discover more about the trips we’ve featured above, as well as our Sacred Singletrack tour designed for mountain bikers who want something a little more challenging. Click here for the full range.
Adventure is apparent around every bend of Peru, an epic South American destination famed for its ancient culture and dramatic high-altitude scenery! With Inca Trail permits now released for purchase and a new biking trip here, we take a closer look at what you can expect…
Whether discovering the floating reed islands of Uros in Lake Titicaca, navigating the Sacred Valley’s many ancient Incan ruins, heading high up into the dramatic Andes to tackle some challenging singletrack or exploring the historical capital Cusco…our adventures in Peru offer a melting pot of experiences and different terrain to inspire every rider, your chance for a unique glimpse into an ancient past. All this plus the chance to gaze upon one of the world’s biggest lures, the mighty Machu Picchu!
“Another great Skedaddle adventure with the right balance of adventure, exercise, good logistics and organisation. Biking from the Andes to the Amazon rain forest was a highlight! Fabulous mix of riding, enjoying a new country with a local guide, sight-seeing and hiking! This trip was a wonderful chance to see “real” Peru.” Tim, UK
If a journey exploring the ancient world is something that you long to experience, you can’t go far wrong in Peru. With our 2018 dates and prices NOW ONLINE, and Inca trail permits already on sale, here’s a few more reasons to convince you to join us for the cycling adventure of a lifetime next year…
- Mountain-top towns: From the lofty peaks of the UNESCO treasure Machu Picchu, to the wonderfully named village of Ollantaytambo, our adventures allow you to discover some of the best Inca ruins in Peru – prepare to be totally amazed.
- The great salt pans: Whilst the Asians have their rice terraces, the Peruvian’s prefer their salt pans! Known locally as the ‘Salineras Maras’ these 3,000 salt ponds are an impressive sight to behold and reveal more incredible Incan ingenuity.
- Captivating Cusco: A city like no other! This enchanting capital is the former centre of the Incan empire and combines ancient features with colonial Spanish architecture, for another UNESCO treasure that promises to impress.
- A jungle journey: Nature lovers rejoice! One of the greatest natural wonders in the world, the Amazon rainforest, covers 60% of the country and is explored by bike on our Andes to Amazon adventure.
- Pisco sour: Okay, so not so ancient, but a nonetheless, classic Peruvian wonder. A firm favourite of our team and the perfect post-ride tipple – don’t let the egg white throw you off!
Want to join us for a cycling holiday in Peru? Click here to find out how!