With its quaint medieval towns, intoxicatingly tasty local fare and some of the most idyllic scenery you’ll encounter in Italy, it’s little wonder Tuscany is a must-visit destination. Now, imagine pedalling through these perfectly manicured landscapes, soaking up all the stunning sights and sounds on offer! Need more convincing? Time to read on…
“This was the first time we had done a cycling holiday and having visited Tuscany before we thought this would be a great way to explore. I can honestly say we were not disappointed! The routes took us through some fantastic countryside and we stayed in a variety of towns that gave us a great experience of what Tuscany has to offer.” Alison on Pisa to Florence
The Telegraph say:
“Beneath a cloudless sky, Tuscany is a picture: the fields not yet cut and dried, but spring green and ablaze with poppies. Cypresses line the road and prick the skyline in a landscape lifted from a Renaissance painting.” Adam Ruck, ‘How to tackle the most beautiful cycling route in Italy’ (Feb, 2018)
Our guides say:
“Welcome to Tuscany – lots of rural winding roads and cheeky climbs! You’ll ride through many beautiful old towns which were all built on picturesque hilltops. But this is leisure cycling, so our day always starts with a relaxed and delicious Tuscan buffet.” Cristina on the Via Francigena (Tuscany to Rome)
All roads lead to…
If you’re feeling inspired by this email and can’t wait to get pedalling in Tuscany, click here to check out our great holiday selection.
- Experiential travel > sightseeing: Never mind selfies in front of famous landmarks, the new way to experience a destination is the authentic approach. Lucky for you, all of our holidays offer the opportunity to spin a new light on your chosen destination…
- Norway exchange rate: Looking for a trip where your money will go further in 2016? Time to head to northern Europe and explore the dramatic landscapes of Norway. With the pound finally gaining on the local Krone, travellers can enjoy a saving of £260 off our 2015 holiday price.
- Chianti wine is 300 years old: Move over Prosecco, this year is all about the delicious red wine of the classic Italian region of Chianti. What better way to celebrate than to head to Tuscany and soak up the idyllic landscapes and tasty grapes for yourself!
- Direct flights to the Azores: The Portuguese islands of the Azores, located in the mid-Atlantic, are a European gem and promise some of the most extraordinary unspoilt landscapes. Once only a destination for anyone with money and determination, new direct flights from London have opened up this destination for all.
- Year of the Monkey: 2016 sees the Chinese year of the monkey and if you can’t quite afford to hop on a flight to China itself, we’ve got the next best thing in Austria! Join us for a cycling holiday on the banks of lovely Lake Constance and you can visit the Affenberg monkey park, where nearly 200 Barbary macaques roam free.
This is just a taster of the exciting opportunities up for grabs for cyclists looking to head away with us this year. Click here to view our full range of holidays online or contact ‘team leisure’ to find out more.
Landscapes that look like they’ve been crafted by painters, food prepared with generations of tradition, and spectacular, world-renowned historical sites. Sound like your perfect type of holiday? Time to explore idyllic mainland Italy.
The North of Italy makes the perfect summer escape and our trip Lake Garda to Venice explores some of the most spectacular natural wonders on offer. Along the way you’ll also take in some of the country’s finest Renaissance cities, including the romantic home of Romeo and Juliet, Verona. Or why not head to Piemonte, a world renowned wine growing region with plenty of opportunity to sample the wines along the way…
Once the temperatures cool down a little in autumn, our trips in the South once again become accessible. For classic Italian landscapes, we recommend a Taste of Tuscany and Cilento and the Amalfi Coast, both take in timeless scenery that will really inspire your daily cycling and provide plenty of breathtaking vistas too.
For a full range of our guided and self guided cycling holidays in Italy CLICK HERE