Take on the ultimate cycling challenge – Land’s End to John O’Groats. From the very toe to the very tip! The entire length of mainland Britain is a journey that every cyclist should experience at least once in their lifetime. Over 1,000 miles, through 3 countries over 16 days of riding!
Our Sustrans special celebrates the National Cycle Network and its aim is to raise money to keep it going and growing. A must for any rider who enjoys a long distance ride, this journey is designed for those looking for a challenge.
Sustrans says: "What better way to conquer the most challenging ride in the UK than alongside a great bunch of Sustrans supporters, raising money for the charity behind the routes! We've handpicked some of the most iconic bits of National Cycle Network, with a few special celebrations along the way. You're sure to have a fantastic time. This trip is subsidised by Skedaddle, allowing Sustrans to raise as much as possible. We’ll send you a snazzy Sustrans jersey and fundraising pack filled with great ideas - hopefully reaching a £500 target! Sustrans spends over £1m a year on essential maintenance of the National Cycle Network. Every penny raised is vital for keeping it in top condition for the 4.8m people who use it every year."
How your donations will help:
* £53 could pay for a volunteer ranger to help maintain one mile of one of our routes for a year.
* £60 could pay to resurface a metre length of worn out path with new tarmac to give a smooth surface with no potholes or puddles.
* £150 could pay for a new blue sign and post giving direction and distances along one of our routes.
* £250 could buy a Sheffield stand to keep your bike secure when you take a break from a ride on the Network.
* £500 could pay for Sustrans to make a planning application to get permission for a new route to extend the National Cycle Network.
* £1,000 could pay for a vandal proof interpretation board to be designed and installed along a route pointing out features of interest.
For more information download our trip notes